Set Your Career in Motion! Join the Largest Public Transportation Authority in North America As An Internal Control & Audit Officer - MTA Bus Operations, JVN 90856
MTA New York City Transit (NYCT) is the largest public transportation agency in North America and one of the largest in the world. We are 48,000 diverse employees with expertise in a variety of fields, specialties, and skilled trades. We provide safe and reliable 24/7 bus and subway services for an average daily ridership of 7 million customers.
The combined MTA Bus Operations (New York City Transit Department of Buses, MaBSTOA and MTA Bus Company) is the largest mass transit bus agency in North America and one of the five largest in the world. With over 18,000 employees, we operate over 5,700 buses that carry 2.75 million people each day throughout the five boroughs of New York City. The operation is comprised of 28 depots (where buses are housed and maintained when not in service). We operate one of the largest alternative fuel programs in the nation with over 2400 buses (1600 Hybrids and 800 Clean Natural Gas (CNG) powered buses).
The NYC Transit Department of Buses is seeking an Internal Controls & Audit Officer to develop and lead the implementation of internal Control systems which evaluate operational efficiencies and compliance with procedures in critical areas that are identified based on a risk analysis. This key position will direct and monitor compliance with policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements and will represent the department of Buses during all aspects of audits performed by MTA Audit Services, MTA Inspector General, New York State & City Controllers’ Office and other Federal, State and City Agencies. In addition, this key role will ensure that audit recommendations are valid, attainable and implemented in a timely manner.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Implementing the Buses Internal Control program and develop and update a Vulnerability Assessment of critical business practices to identify inherent risks, operating controls and procedures, to minimize risk. On the basis of testing, develop and monitor implementation of corrective action. Provide annual training to Bus personnel on COSO standards to ensure compliance with NYS Internal Control standards.
- Prepare the MTA Bus Annual Internal Control Certification which delineates all aspects of the Internal Control Program. Serve as the MTA Bus primary representative on the MTA Enterprise Risk Management Committee, which evaluates and ensures MTA-wide policies are compliant with Internal Control standards.
- Review findings and recommendations delineated in interim and draft audit reports. Initiate detailed review of audit work papers to ensure findings are valid, and provide clarification as required. Ensure that audit recommendations provide meaningful business benefits. Prepare audit responses to draft audit reports and monitor the implementation status of accepted audit recommendations.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Business Administration or Accounting, Labor Relations or a related field. Ten (10) years of experience, including six (6) years in a managerial/supervisory, administrative capacity; or
A satisfactory equivalent of combined education and experience requirements.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems effectively; - In depth knowledge of accepted audit practices and COSO standards; - Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; - Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel; - Knowledge and understanding of MTA Bus, NYC Transit and Buses administration and operating Rules, Regulations, Policies and Procedures is preferred.
MTA Bus Company offers competitive compensation and a robust benefit package that includes:
• Pension Plans • Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage • Flexible Spending Accounts • Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs • New York’s 529 College Saving Plan • Municipal Credit Union • Free Transportation Pass
To Apply, Visit our website:
www.mta.info/employment - Select “New York City Transit and Staten Island Railway”, Select New York City Transit Employment”, Select “Search Jobs” and search by job title: Internal Controls & Audit Officer or by Job Vacancy Number: 90856 or use the following link: http://tinyurl.com/yb5zhp4v MTA and its constituent agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers.