Purpose: Assist the Manager, Project Controls in performing cost and schedule control tasks for the Authority's Capital Program totaling approximately $250 Million in annual capital investments. Generate performance reports and present to upper management. Track project changes and evaluate impacts on project delivery, cost, and schedule. Generate trend analyses. Assist with resource planning and Capital Program development.
Essential Tasks of the Job
Cost and Schedule Control 1. Establish baseline milestone schedules for all projects within the approved Capital Program. Maintain cost-loaded Primavera P6 schedules to track project implementation against baseline.
2. Review project cost estimates and evaluate project performance against budget.
3. Review project changes. Evaluate and forecast impact of changes on project delivery and performance against budget.
4. Generate reports indicating performance of capital projects against cost and schedule targets.
Reporting and Best Practices 1. Oversee the generation of monthly project reports.
2. Develop processes for information sharing and tracking.
3. Develop and maintain database of historical unit cost bid information. Perform periodic trending reviews and disseminate results to project managers for cost estimating purposes.
4. Perform periodic market trend analyses and forecast impact on Authority's Capital Program cost and delivery.
5. Evaluate historical project cost and schedule metrics for future modeling and forecasting.
6. Identify refinements necessary to project management systems to meet the needs of the Authority.
Program Systems 1. Assist with the integration of various project management systems.
2. Oversee and manage the department's SharePoint site.
3. Assist with the development of program websites.
SECONDARY JOB TASKS: Provide technical expertise and support to assistant project managers, engineers, resident engineers and support staff on selected projects.
Provide in-house technical services and technical reviews in area of professional expertise.
Maintain accurate and timely data in Project Controls/Project Management technical systems.
Perform site visits and design reviews to confirm project progress.
Work with outside consultant and contractors for data collection and validation.
Perform other duties, as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent professional experience.
EXPERIENCE: 3 to 7 years of experience in the field of construction, engineering, or architecture. Experience in construction project controls desirable.
UNIQUE EXPERTISE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATIONS: 1. Current and valid driver's license.
2. Expertise in Primavera P6 scheduling software.
3. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
4. Ability to pass a Massport background check and obtain a Massport Security Badge.
5. Ability to pass airfield driving test and obtain Aerodrome License.
6. Ability to pass Massport pre-placement physical, controlled substance testing and background security check.
Agency: Massachusetts Port Authority
Address: One Harborside Drive, Suite 200S East Boston, MA, 02128.
Massport connects New England to the world and promotes the regional economy through the operation of three airports: Boston Logan International Airport, Hanscom Field and Worcester Regional Airport; the Port of Boston’s cargo and cruise facilities; and property management/real estate development in Boston.We have high standards to excel in all we do, which includes hiring the most talented people... to maintain our facilities and achieve our goals. We strive for diversity in our workforce and to make Massport a leader among our peers in transportation safety and security, customer service, and environmental management.At Massport, our business is all about connecting. We support and take pride in the employees that make those connections possible each and every day.