The Project Manager delivers projects by managing stakeholders communications, project scope, budget and schedule commitments while ensuring project overall objectives are met. They are also responsible for improving project management methodologies within the company, and for growing project team participation and projects awareness amongst employees.
Status: Temporary (1-year leave replacement), Full Time, Excluded
Reports To: Leader, Project Delivery
• Manages Project timelines, scope of work and resourcing • Develops and executes project communication plans • Manages project deliverables in collaboration with Business Leads, Business Improvement Analysts, Project Team members, IT teams and all business users • Works with project business leads or business leaders to develop project business cases for formal submission • May also develop project charters with business leaders as required
• Identifies and tracks project risks • Ensures project change management is accounted for and executed • Removes obstacles to the project or project team members that allows them to work more efficiently and succeed in their deliverables • Resolves issues occurring within projects or that impact other parts of the business • Mitigates risks occurring within projects especially pertaining to timelines, budgets and resources • Assesses and documents cross-project impacts and dependencies • Ensures business readiness is planned for and executed for each project • Develops strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and manages their expectations • Coaches project work group leaders and other project team members on project methodologies, and their ability to deliver • Provides feedback to Leaders of project team members for their performance management and to facilitate their professional growth and development. • Provides opportunities for project team members to take on responsibilities as a tactic to increase project participation and interest • Elicits and documents business needs into well-formed requirements, and works with IT to translate these into system requirements and/or user stories • Facilitates, workshops, working group meetings, steering committee meetings, and other stakeholder sessions as required • Ensures that project team members are fully engaged in the project by empowering them to make meaningful contributions • Directs and motivates project teams to work at a sustainable pace to produce quality deliverables
Project Delivery Team Responsibilities
• Contributes to the Project Delivery Charter, Team Vision and other strategic documents • Delivers knowledge and education to employees on how projects are managed at BCSA • Updates and maintains project delivery team’s status board for deliverables and other project work (Kanban)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• 5+ years of project management experience • Degree in business administration, computer science or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. • Experience in all aspects of project management and requirements gathering including evaluations, change management, software implementations, and quality assurance • Ability to analyze and evaluate information and render effective decisions • Experience managing multiple projects • Experience developing budgets, statements of work, resource plans and business cases • Open minded, flexible and client and business focused • Ability to align a diverse team of technical and creative minds to achieve a common goal • Experience in securing, fostering and maintaining team commitment • Above average attention to detail • Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
• PMP designation or similar project management certification • Change management, QA & training delivery experience • Scrum Master designation
If you are looking for a dynamic organization, an innovative culture and the opportunity to make an impact, BC Safety Authority is the right place for you. We offer competitive salary, benefits, pension, generous leave allowance and subsidies for training and education.
Watch our video to find out more: https://www.safetyauthority.ca/careers
*Please note: As the system is in development, competitions will remain visible past the application deadline. Only applications sent prior to the deadline will be considered. Likewise, please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.*
BC Safety Authority (BCSA) plays a unique role in fostering technical equipment and system safety on behalf of people in BC. We issue permits, licenses and certificates to let qualified people install and operate equipment and systems. We analyze data to understand safety risks, and collaborate with industry to reduce risk through outreach, assessment, education, enforcement and research.